Monday, January 12, 2015

Spotlight On 80s PlayGirl Man Of The Year Michael Shane





Happy Monday my sexual connoisseurs. I figured we'd start off the week and MCM with 80s PlayGirl hunk Michael Shane.
For me, this guy has always embodied that idea of the 80s hunk: the hair, the body, the smile, the tan, the body hair. There's just something about him that I've always liked and when you see him with his clothes off he goes from a 10 to a 100 in no time.






See what I mean? There's not much info on Michael's personal life or even what he's doing now but I do know that he is a Cali boy. He was born in Long Beach on February 15th 1960, so he would have been 28 when he posed for PlayGirl the first time.
He first posed for the magazine in 1988 and he was PlayGirl's Man Of September. This spread caught the eye of Andy Sidaris over at Malibu Bay Films who cast Michael in his first film, Savage Beach, as wealthy aviator Shane Abilene. Michael would portray Shane in three other installments of the famous Triple B films of Mr. Sidaris: Do Or Die, Hard Hunted and Fit To Kill. Besides Andy's films Michael also appeared in the film Payback and Click: The Calendar Girl Killer. He was also in PlayBoy's 101 Ways To Excite Your Lover. I haven't seen it so I can't tell you if it's a hardcore film or if it's just simulated softcore sex but I am searching hard for it and will let you know how much of Mr. Shane appears in the film. His last credited appearance on IMDB was in 2007 on an episode of Dr. 90210. I actually have to say I'm shocked he never went the soap opera route. Doesn't he look like he could be a doctor on General Hospital or one of the studs on Days Of Our Lives?











Michael's second time in PlayGirl was Jan 1989. He was on the cover and was named Man Of The Year. In his interview for the magazine he lists Richard Dreyfuss and Erik Estrada as his favorite actors, Michael Jackson as his favorite singer, Cher as his favorite actress and Moonstruck as his favorite movie.
I also heard a rumor that he was a former Chippendales dancer but I can't find any solid info to confirm this, though with his looks it wouldn't surprise me.
Hope you guys have enjoyed the blog and, as always if you have any info on what Michael's up to now or even any current photos hit me up with a comment below.

XOXO
-JOE-

No comments:

Post a Comment