Sunday, August 23, 2015

AIDS Healthcare Foundation Subpoenas Performer's Medical Records

In a move that not only violates patient privacy but also violates HIPAA  laws AIDS Healthcare Foundation has subpoenaed the medical records of performers who visited Cutting Edge Testing and Talent Testing Service.
AVN is reporting that if performers visited West Oaks Urgent Care Center (Dr. Rigg) between 2007 up until now then your information may have been subpoenaed.
AVN has provided an email that performers whose privacy may have been compromised can write to: injury@westoaksurgentcare.com and are being asked to copy and paste this letter into the email:

Dear Dr. Rigg and West Oaks Urgent Care Center, I understand that Michael Weinstein as a party to the Measure B Litigation and AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Case Number 13-CV-00190-ddP-AGR) have issued a Subpoena to Produce Documents which include the medical information of patients identified as adult film performers or those associated with adult films.

As a patient of your clinic, I strongly object to the sharing or disclosure of any of my records, medical information, medical records, and personal identifying information. I hereby revoke any prior HIPAA waivers or permission granted to your clinic with regard to the above referenced subpoena.

Do not under any circumstances, even if redacted, provide any of the subpoenaed documents! I am asserting the protections provided by HIPAA, the Federal Constitution, the California Constitution, the California Health and Safety Code, and all other applicable State and Federal Statutes. You will be subject to monetary damages, attorney’s fees and costs if you do not comply with my request.

Performers are also asked to keep checking The Free Speech Coalition's website for updates as well.

I have to say this makes me sick. I can't believe that Weinstein, who is nothing but a money hungry asshole, and AHF would do this. Of course I'm not surprised. An HIV prevention foundation I'm on the board of, Care XO, was almost shut down by AHF because they didn't want competition. And I am against AHF because they don't do anything about prevention but only get involved once someone is infected.
I sincerely hope that the proper legal action is taking against them and they are shut down.

XOXO
-JOE-

1 comment: