Thursday, May 7, 2015

In Memoriam: Caleb Carter (October 9th, 1980-February 18th, 2009)





Caleb was my friend. Caleb was a nice guy. He was always there for anybody who needed anything and his smile was infectious and lit up the room, as you can see from the photos.
I remember when I got the news from a friend via Facebook that he hand hung himself in his San Diego apartment. I was shocked. I thought it must have been a joke or another Caleb Carter. Sadly it wasn't either.
Born Benjamin Eli Gilbert on October 9th, 1980 in Fontana, Caleb was a Cali boy through and through. He was only in a handful of films in his too short time but his future, no matter if he would have chosen to remain in the industry or move on, would have been bright.
I debated on whether or not I should post any of his nudes but he was such a beautiful boy that I figured why not?



At the time of his suicide he was in the middle of filming the mainstream film Throuple, which, unfortunately, has not been released yet but I'm hoping that it will get finished and see the light of day.
Caleb did not leave a suicide note, or so I was told, and there were rumors that he had been battling depression and was trying to wean himself off the drug Paxil as well as dealing with an addiction to alcohol. But again, if any of this is true or just mean rumors made up after he died I can't say.
I was told for a fact by several people that Caleb had stopped answering his cell phone and returning calls a few days before he died. His body was discovered by fellow performer Brent Summers who drove to Caleb's apartment after he had gotten worried when he didn't hear from him for several days.
The Monday after his suicide a memorial service was held for him down in San Diego, and it was a very touching and beautiful tribute. I heard that Caleb was cremated, but again I don't have any proof as to whether this is true or just a rumor.
Wherever you are, I hope you are happy and at peace and I just wanted to let you know that I still miss my friend. Love you buddy!
 
XOXO
-JOE-

No comments:

Post a Comment